My kids always tease me that whenever I am upset, I clean. Well, Christmas night I started scrubbing the walls after trying for so long to get a hold of Lance with no success. They finally convinced me to sit down and play some games and we had such a fun time.
We played Uno Attack and laughed our heads off. After that we played Taboo. We played that for a long time with the teams being Gary, Andy and me; and Scott, Leslie and Alex. Then we started playing as one big team with only one person giving clues and everyone else guessing. When it was Gary's turn we were amazed at how good he was with clues because we guessed them everytime!! After a while he started laughing and we found out that every single clue he used was a "Taboo" word, hahaha. He's hilarious!! After that we straightened the house and I started getting food ready for our traditional Day After Christmas Brunch. Then we went to bed - it was VERY late.
At 6:30 the next morning our phone rang and it was Lance. He told us to call him back which we tried to do, again unsuccessfully. He ended up going to the Hymas's (the Senior Couple in his area) and called us from their phone. We got to talk to him for 2 1/2 hours! It was soooooooooo great to hear his voice. He sounded very, very happy. He did tell me a couple for stories that I will relate later, having to do with bats, anacondas and wild monkeys. . .

No comments:
Post a Comment