
Since I've been under the weather and don't have a lot of energy, but pain keeps me moving around, I did a little craft today.
I bought this picture on clearance at Tai Pan for $3.00. I didn't love the print but the frame was awesome, however there was no glass in the frame. I didn't really have a plan for it but knew that sizewise it was a good fit for a spot in my kitchen.
I have always loved a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson which says, "Let us be silent that we may hear the whispers of the gods" so I took a tiny detour to make the quote fit what I wanted and then because lately I've been a little obsessed about fleur de lis, I added one that I liked to the bottom of the quote. I printed it out on my computer using a brownish/sepia color ink on textured, heavy, white paper. I lightly stained the main mat, painted the silver part of the mat a brown, and then glued down the quote (after slightly inking the edges, of course). The frame was spray painted a satin black and I used gold rub & buff (my knew favorite thing!) on the "beads" around the edges.
TA DA!! The After ~ Love It!

No comments:
Post a Comment